Enterprise Grade Technology
Our remote tech support system is a powerful tool which allows our technicians to securely screen-share with you to support any Mac, PC or Linux system.
Your privacy and security are critical to us. Unlike other providers, we use the safest most secure remote support solution on the market, which is trusted by Fortune 500 firms and universities. We’re providing enterprise level remote support directly to the home users.
The Truth About Remote Support
Remote support offers a lot of great capabilities and convenience, however it does have substantial limitations. Most tech support claims that just about any issue can be resolved remotely, but this simply isn’t the case.
For example, in cases where data recovery is needed, remote support will actually heighten the risk of data loss. Virus and malware infections shouldn’t be worked on remotely. We’ve provided a short list of situations where remote IT service is great, and some instances where it just doesn’t cut it.
Remote support is a great solution for:
- Installing or updating a software applications.
- Adding peripherals such as a printer or camera.
- Installing the latest security and performance updates.
- Removing unneeded applications to boost system performance.
- Installing or updating system drivers.
- Getting assistance with learning or using a new or program.
- Setting up and managing backups to protect from data loss.
- Assistance with organizing files and folders.
- Resolving conflicts and compatibility issues.
Remote support is not a good solution for:
- Hardware problems and/or physical repairs.
- Data recovery from any kind of data loss scenario.
- Serious virus, trojan or rootkit virus/malware infections.
- Damaged or corrupted Mac OSX or Windows systems.
Your privacy and security are critical.
Don’t let just anyone access your personal computer, trust the local reputable team here at Progressive Tech! In order to provide our clients with the highest level of privacy, security and safety, we’ve invested in the most advanced technology available. We use a high end system from Bomgar corporation, which is a server type appliance that lives at our office and facilitates a direct computer to computer connection with no middleman. All sessions are fully encrypted and no software is installed on clients systems. Most remote IT services use cheaper, less secure cloud/web based applications which may stay installed on your system after the remote support session concludes.